The Social panel’s main job as the name suggests, is to plan and organise all of those additional events that take place within our church community that do not necessarily involve too much of a religious aspect.
Social events we organise are generally in celebration of certain events during the year such as:
- A High tea to celebrate the Ordination of one of our ministry team.
- Coach trips to such places as Cromer in Norfolk or Hatfield House
- Whitton’s got Talent – An annual celebration of the musical talents within the church family.This event also includes a “Cheese and Wine” Buffet.
- A cream Tea in the Churchyard at Akenham Church
- Annual Parish Dinner
- Harvest Supper
- Church Concerts
- Spring and Christmas Fayres
- Annual fund raising events such as raffles and quiz nights.